How to hire best software developer for startups in 2021
To hire a software developer for a startup that will make a great addition to your team, you need to identify your hiring priorities first.
Finding the right block to lay the foundation can be quite a deal for startups. When you step into the tech world, you are vulnerable to find the right tools to prosper and grow. You are always drowning in a pool of dilemma, Any decision you make is pretty crucial, it can either make you the star or drain you down the lane.
Similarly Hiring the right software developer for startups can be quite a challenge. A high-performing team, yet an adjustable cost is quite a deal to get.
But worry not, leave the work to us, we will make sure to give you the best advice, that will help you hire a software developer that will level up your startup process.
ANALYSE YOUR REQUIREMENTS
The first and fundamental step in hiring the most suitable software developer is to understand and interpret your idea. You should have a clear picture of what your vision is, make a draft study it in detail, and draw out a strategy for how it should be implemented. If you are not a tech expert then you can seek help from a professional. Decide upon database architects, integration engineers, and the competencies you would want.
Hiring the right skills, that meets your budget and expectations, is a challenge to hire a software developer. A developer who understands your vision and is ready to fix all the dents in your strategy is the right answer to your search.
WHERE TO FIND SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
IN-HOUSE DEVELOPERS :
IN-HOUSE VS FREELANCE DEVELOPERS
IN-HOUSE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- FINANCIAL STABILITY: Do you think you are financially stable enough to hire an in-house team? Hiring a good developer in the competitive market is not easy, you would have to give them a good deal to hire them for your work. As they might be receiving a better deal from your competitive partner.
- WORKLOAD: Do you have enough workload to keep your team busy? For a passionate developer, working under repetitive circumstances, and less exposure can be a setback. Because startups usually have less work to offer.
- LONG-TERM AGREEMENT: You will have to engage the team all the time because they would have a long term commitment with you, you will have to take work from them always because the salaries would be running, no matter if you have worked at that point or not. So sometimes it might result in just a waste of resources and money.
If you think you fulfil the above criteria then you probably can go for a high-end in-house team. If you believe your tech problems are high level and you are financially stable with enough work to offer then hiring an in-house team sounds better. But it is also clever to keep your options flexible, you can hire a small in-house developing team, and outsource other tech problems.
FREELANCE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER:
- LOW COST: A huge advantage that comes with freelance developers is the low cost if your budget is tight and you don’t have much to offer at the point so freelance is a safe option for you. Quality work at low prices.
- LESS EXPERIENCE: Many freelancers out there have comparatively less experience or none at all, now that is a risk you can take if you can afford it. However, if the developer got talent then it won’t be big of a deal.
- SECURITY AND QUALITY ISSUES: You do not personally know the people you are working with, so you are not sure of the kind of quality they will provide. Will they be able to reach up to your expectations? Will they be able to protect the data and secure it from getting misused?
Many questions would be popping into your head, but it is better to do your research before you hire someone, conduct proper interviews, analyse the portfolio, ask for sample works, etc, and then decide, whether the developer is eligible enough for your work or not.
Out staffing, the provider is a medium that makes your job easier by providing different professional individuals who are experienced in the latest techs present on a single platform. You don’t have to search separately for individuals, they provide you with individual experts and a full-fledged team, whatever suits your requirement.
These experts are consultants, SEO experts, designers, creators, etc.
- However, the risk is totally on your shoulders. You will have to decide whether to take the opportunity or not.
- Management and coordination between the whole team are on your side. You will have to bring everyone on board.
If you don’t have the experience or skills to get the job done. Then this is a solution for you. Full-process outsourcing helps you focus on other things, like marketing, business strategies. You don’t get too caught up in your work. gives you time to analyse the competitive market. Which eventually proves beneficial for your company.
An Outsourcing vendor mainly pre-assembled teams, which are put in place according to your needs. They take full responsibility for the work and management. Promises high quality and on-time work. But the cost is high. Which can be a problem if you are on a tight budget.
PROCESS FROM MVP TO SCALE-UP
Your product validation test showed green light in the market. You got consumers too. Now you are set for the next step. It’s time to step-up a sustainable business. As High consumers, growing demand in the market means a switch of priorities. Now you need to work even more than before. Because now you have a business to expand and grow.
This next step demands, more management practices, a combination of software development, and IT operations,(DevOps), orchestrations, maintenance, etc. Also advance software development, complex design ideas, and uniqueness.
Along with that, you will have to provide customer support all the time. And answer to queries faced by them on time.
TECH CO-FOUNDER IF YOU ARE NOT A TECH PERSON
If you are not a tech person, you can look for a tech co-founder, who can help you with taking your MVP to the next level. This will also highlight professionalism in your work. For a high-tech startup, you need good experience, high technical knowledge. As it is not easy to hire a software developer, the same way it’s not easy to look for the best tech co-founder out there. Especially when you are a non-tech person yourself.
PORTFOLIO: Look deeply into their work experience before jumping to any conclusion. Make sure they have worked with something similar.
EXPERIENCE: Make sure their previous experiences are positive and healthy without any drawbacks.
TIME MANAGEMENT: If you are deciding to hire a professional make sure they have enough time to give to your company.
- You can look for a tech co-founder in your IT community
- your workplace
- social media
- job ads
CTO FOR STARTUP
If you don’t have tech experience or tech knowledge to judge and then hire a software developer. Then you can seek professional help, to help you pick the most eligible software developer for your company.
However, you should not outsource the process of CTO entirely. You can look into your nearby links, try to look for people you know yourself. Like that you would have a clear idea of the kind of work they do. Having a close check on the entire process is necessary because it is a very crucial step for development. With the right CTO, you will have the right tool to pick the best software developer for your company.
To hire the best software developer out there, you need to understand your vision first. Analyze the level of complexity, in your tech problems. Figure out whether co-founders and CTO are required?
Understand your competitive market, and see if you want an in-house team or freelance developers. Once you understand and pull out a strategy then step out and look for the right software developer that will manage and solve your developmental queries.
You can look for platforms that are providing developers. Outsourcing agencies can also help in the search, as they are qualified enough for this job, and are pretty reliable. They know their skill, as they already work on so many projects. So providing you with the best software developer according to your needs won’t be a big deal for them
By handing over that job you will have ample time and energy to focus on your marketing strategies, which will help your business grow in the competitive world.
AT NOVATEUS, we offer no-cost obligation consultation. CONTACT US NOW!